Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils
Got some time to fill? Make an imPRESSive creation with the kids with this salt dough dinosaur fossils activity.
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup luke warm water
- Dinosaur figurines
- Combine flour and salt.
- Next, add water and still until dough forms.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Once dough is ready, roll it out to ½ inch thick. Use cookie cutters or your hands to make round shape for fossil impressions.
- Have children take dinosaur figures and press them into the dough. They can press in just the feet or the whole body to create their fossils.
- Put in the oven for about 2-3 hours at 200 degrees F.
- Once out of the oven and cooled, put your fossils on display!